Do you want to reach EVERY sailor?
Corporate Sponsorship/Advertising Program
Located just 35 miles north of Chicago on the beautiful shoreline of Lake Michigan, Naval Station Great Lakes has provided technical training to Navy men and women for over nine decades. In fact, over three million men and women have completed training at Great Lakes since 1911. Today, EVERY enlisted sailor coming into the Navy, goes through Naval Station Great Lakes.
- The only Recruit Training Command "Boot Camp" in the US Navy
- The largest military installation in Illinois
- The fifth largest naval base in the US Navy
- Population is over 35,000 (includes active duty military, family members, civilian personnel, area retirees and reservists)
- RTC "boot camp" graduates approximately 37,000 recruits each year
- Weekly recruit graduations draw nearly 120,000 visitors to the area, per year
The Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Department provides Naval personnel (including active duty and retired military, reservists, their family members and civilian employees) with a varied program of wholesome and constructive off-duty leisure activities that contribute to their quality of life. We offer a vast array of recreational opportunities including gymnasiums and fitness centers, swimming pools and beach, library, movie theater, car repair facility, bowling lanes, golf course, ticket/travel office, marina and outdoor rental center, youth and young adult recreation centers, food and beverage facilities, child care centers and much more. With over 25 different facilities and over 2.5 million customer visits per year, MWR becomes part of the routine for sailors and their family members. In addition, MWR hosts internationally known entertainers at community special events throughout the year.
At NAVSTA, Great Lakes
- MWR facilities see well over 1.8 million customer visits annually
- MWR operates over 25 different facilities
- MWR is a combined $17 million a year operation
- MWR Great Lakes has been recognized by various professional organizations for innovative and quality programs and events.
- MWR can provide your organization with one of the few opportunities to market your company’s name and/or products to an exclusive military population. Both direct advertising opportunities and event sponsorship are available to provide your organization a full mix to gain exposure and potential market share.
- Product sampling
- Event title recognition
- Name/logo on signage throughout the base
- Ads in various MWR publications/marketing pieces
- Recognition in base media
- Direct sales leads through event advertising
- Exposure to local civilian population through base community special events
MWR is willing to work with each potential sponsor/advertiser to design a package which will meet your organization’s marketing goals and objectives. In most cases, direct financial support is desired for sponsorship/advertising opportunities; however, other means of value can be utilized to help offset MWR program/event costs such as the following:
Sponsorship Support Options
*Direct financial support (cash)
Be a part of the MWR team, the team responsible for the morale of our nation’s sailors. Wholesome and high quality programs and facilities are the ideal method of placing your company’s name before this professional, rapidly advancing population. Remember, every sailor coming into to the United States Navy passes through Naval Station Great Lakes.